Powder Coating Capabilities
Powder Coating Solutions, located in a 11,000 sq. ft. finishing plant, offers the following:
- Abrasive Blasting
- Coating - GEMA Optiflex 2 guns
- Lead times - turnaround times as short as 8 hours on scheduled work
- Masking - full selection of high temp tapes, plugs and caps
- Ovens - two PQ Ovens; 5' x 6' x 8' 365,000 BTU and 7' x 7' x 17' 895,000 BTU
- Packaging/direct shipment
- Pre-treatment - iron phosphate spray wash
- Spray booths - two JBI spray booths; 6' x 10' and 10' x 12'
Choosing Your Finish
Clearly, you want to enhance the item being coated. A high gloss finish will accentuate any defects. Pitted surfaces and poorly cast parts are better suited to textured powders such as veins, rivers, wrinkles, or lower gloss coatings.
Choosing Your Color
What color do you want? When customers say they want the color to be charcoal grey, we say, "Which charcoal grey do you want?" There are as many shades in powder as there are in liquid paint!
- Price quotes are for "in stock," single stage colors. Custom colors are an additional charge.
- Additional coats (required for some powders) add extra cost.
- Prices do not include sandblasting or stripping.
- It is the customer's responsibility to disassemble parts prior to pre-treatment. Parts
should be clean: free of oil and grease.
- All bearings, seals or gaskets, bushings, etc. must be removed. Parts received that require removal of such parts will be priced accordingly.
- Items cannot contain any Bondo or filler.
- Chemical pre-treatment and an abrasive media will be used on parts.
NOTE: Powder Coating Solutions is not responsible for poorly cast parts that may have surface imperfections. Some castings "gas" during the curing process, which is beyond our control. If you provide us with show-quality parts, you will receive a show-quality finish.
Powder Coating Solutions, Inc.
1115 North 7th Street
Lake City, MN 55041
Phone (651) 345-7507 Central Time
Where customer service is more than lip service